If you are at high risk of breast cancer, specialists at the High Risk Breast Clinic at Truman Medical Center/University Health are available at the clinic's campuses downtown Kansas City and Independence MO.
The multispecialty High Risk Breast Clinic at Truman Medical Center is designed for patients with an increased risk of breast cancer due to familial or breast biopsy based risk factors. Our caring, multidisciplinary team is made up of experts in breast health and screening, including breast imaging, genetic testing, oncology, and surgery. They work with you to develop a personalized risk-management plan. Plans might include additional screening, breast cancer chemoprevention and preventive surgeries, such as prophylactic mastectomy and prophylactic oophorectomy.
The benefits to receiving your care in the High Risk Breast Clinic at Truman Medical Center include:
· Patient-centered care focused on your needs
· World-class multidisciplinary expertise on a single campus
· Individualized genetics assessment
· High-resolution breast screening technologies, including 3D mammograms, and breast MRI
· Appointment availability within 48 hours
· Ability to preschedule surgery and breast reconstruction consults, as appropriate
· Expertise in all forms of breast surgery
· Nipple-sparing mastectomy with immediate breast reconstruction
· Immediate and thorough assessment of the tissue at the time of breast surgery (frozen section pathology
· Access to research advances and ability to participate in pioneering clinical trials
· Unparalleled care from compassionate and empathetic care team
Even if you don’t have breast cancer, you may want to make an appointment with the high risk breast clinic if:
· You have one or more family members with breast or ovarian cancer
· You have had atypical ductal hyperplasia or LCIS
· You have dense breasts and have had multiple biopsies
· The Truman Medical Center High Risk Breast Cancer clinic is here to help you identify whether you are at high risk, offer prevention as appropriate, and provide a high risk surveillance plan customized to your situation.
For more information or to schedule an appointment please call: