Missouri Medicaid guidelines have changed and you now may be eligible. Don’t miss out on these free or low-cost healthcare services.
Call 816-307-1957 for assistance.
If you are interested in free or low-cost medical insurance through Missouri Medicaid, we are here to help you apply.
Need help applying for Medicaid?
We have financial counselors who are waiting to answer YOUR questions and help guide you through the application process.
Our Financial Counselors are offering:
In-Person Group Sessions
Schedule an in-person group session with computers between 8 am - 4 pm Monday-Friday on our downtown campus.
- A private meeting -- call 816-307-1957 for an appointment
When applying, you will need the following items:
- Identification (ID) that includes your name, photo and date of birth
- Proof of all income (example: wage stubs, Social Security award letter, tax returns)
- Information or the insurance cards on health insurance you or your family already have
- Proof of residency such as a recent utility bill
- Now, more adults can get low-cost or free health insurance through Missouri Medicaid (called MO HealthNet).
- For example, a single adult making up to $17,774 a year, or a family of 4 making up to $36,750 a year, may qualify for Medicaid through MO HealthNet.
- A single adult making up to $1,481 a month, or a family of 4 making up to $3,048 a month, may qualify for Medicaid through MO HealthNet.
- For the first time, more adults qualify for low-cost or free health insurance through MO HealthNet. This includes parents who have not qualified before, as well as childless adults.
- Call Financial Counseling at (816) 307-1957 to see if you qualify.
- To schedule an appointment, you can speak to University Health financial counselors at (816) 307-1957.
- You can sign up for one of our Medicaid group sessions. For an in-person session at our downtown location, click here. https://www.universityhealthkc.org/medicaid-uh2/
- For additional assistance, Go to https://mydss.mo.gov/healthcare/ and apply or apply by phone at 855-373-9994.
- If you need help, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. University Health financial counselors are available for you. Just call (816) 307-1957 to make an appointment to speak to a resource counselor.
a. To help speed up the process, please have the following information available when completing the application process:
i. Identification (ID) that includes your name, photo, and date of birth
ii. Proof of all income (example: wage stubs, Social Security award letter, tax returns)
iii. Information or the insurance cards on health insurance you or your family already have
iv. Proof of residency such as a recent utility bill
a. We have interpreters available. Just call 816-307-1144.
- At University Health, we are happy to assist anyone who is interested in seeing if they qualify. Please reach out to our UH financial counselors at (816) 307-1957.
- If you are a current gold or purple discount card holder, you will be required to apply for Medicaid. If you make an appointment with us to apply for Medicaid, your discount will stay in place while your application is being processed. If you decide to apply on your own, please let us know by calling (816) 307-1957 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we hear from you, we will ensure that your UH Discount remains active while your Medicaid application is being processed to ensure that you continue to receive your needed healthcare.
- Check with the state of Missouri Department of Social Services at 855-373-4636. If you apply through UH, with your permission, we can continue to check the status of your application.
- You can apply immediately.