To protect our patients, staff, and community during the outbreak of COVID-19, visitor restrictions continue. We have updated our visitor policy as of April 20, 2022.
Visitors for inpatients must be 18 years or older, unless childcare arrangements cannot be made or compassionate care access is granted.
Children 12 and under are allowed to accompany adults for clinic visits.
We continue to restrict visitors for our COVID-19 positive patients. Compassionate access requests are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Visitors will be allowed in based on the exception list outlined below. The exception list applies provided there is an absence of symptoms on screening and the patient is COVID negative.
- Please keep visits brief.
- Please stay in your patient’s room or area while visiting.
- Children should not be left unattended anywhere on hospital grounds.
- Visitors to our Health Sciences District Campus (downtown) may enter: the main lobby (circle drive just north of 23rd and Holmes), the Emergency Room, or the Charlotte Street entrance. On the weekends, visitors are only allowed to enter through the Emergency Department.
- Lakewood Visitors please use main entrance.
- Visitors are asked not to sit or lie on the patient’s bed, and to not use the patient’s restroom.
- Visitors with colds, flu or other contagious diseases are asked not to visit patients.
- Visitors and patients should be respectful of other patients and keep noise to a minimum.
- Visitors must check with the nursing unit before bringing food or gifts to the patient’s room. Patients may be on special diets and certain foods are restricted.
- Visitors are asked to not visit other patients on the unit, touch equipment or change the position of a patient or their bed without consulting the nurse.
- No visitors will be allowed in the room while treatment or doctor or nursing care is in progress. Your visitor(s) may be asked to step outside your room during these times.
- Visitors should wash their hands upon entering and leaving the patient room.
- General visiting hours are from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- The Birthplace follows general visiting hours. However, after-hours births do allow for visitors. After 8:30 pm, all visitors must check in at the security booth just outside the Emergency Department.
- Mothers and fathers can visit an infant in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at any time. Visitors must check in at the front desk of the NICU and the Maternity Unit 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Critical Care Units have open visiting with some restrictions. Always check with the nurse.
Thank you for your understanding.