Compassionate Care Visitation Guidance – This handout developed by the DHSS is to be used by a health care facility to meet the required informational material requirement.
We have updated our visitor policy as of December 14, 2022. Visitor guidelines comply with the Compassionate Care Visitation Act.
Visitors age 13 or younger must be accompanied by an adult and supervised by an adult at all times.
We continue to restrict visitors for our COVID-19 positive patients. Compassionate access requests are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Visitors will be allowed in based on the exception list outlined below. The exception list applies provided there is an absence of symptoms on screening and the patient is COVID negative.
- Please stay in your patient’s room or area while visiting.
- Children should not be left unattended anywhere on hospital grounds.
- Visitors to our Health Sciences District Campus (downtown) may enter: the main lobby (circle drive just north of 23rd and Holmes), the Emergency Room, or the Charlotte Street entrance. On the weekends, visitors are only allowed to enter through the Emergency Department.
- Lakewood Visitors please use main entrance.
- Visitors are asked not to sit or lie on the patient’s bed, and to not use the patient’s restroom.
- Visitors with colds, flu or other contagious diseases are asked not to visit patients.
- Visitors and patients should be respectful of other patients and keep noise to a minimum.
- Visitors must check with the nursing unit before bringing food or gifts to the patient’s room. Patients may be on special diets and certain foods are restricted.
- Visitors are asked to not visit other patients on the unit, touch equipment or change the position of a patient or their bed without consulting the nurse.
- No visitors will be allowed in the room while treatment or doctor or nursing care is in progress. Your visitor(s) may be asked to step outside your room during these times.
- Visitors should wash their hands upon entering and leaving the patient room.
- General visiting hours are from 6:00 am to 8:30 pm.
- The Birthplace follows general visiting hours. However, after-hours births do allow for visitors. After 8:30 pm, all visitors must check in at the security booth just outside the Emergency Department.
- Mothers and fathers can visit an infant in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at any time. Visitors must check in at the front desk of the NICU and the Maternity Unit 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Critical Care Units have open visiting with some restrictions. Always check with the nurse.
Thank you for your understanding.
Campus Hospital Map - Includes Building, Clinics, Services, Parking and Facility