Skip to main content

NEW! On-Demand Virtual Clinic - Click to Learn More!

Clinical practicum

University Health is proud to offer a variety of allied health clinical practicum opportunities for qualified students of educational institutions that currently have a signed clinical education agreement in place with us. We offer clinical practicum opportunities in the following areas:

  • Interpreting.
  • Radiology.
  • Laboratory.
  • Phlebotomy.
  • Medical assisting.
  • Respiratory therapy.
  • Art therapy.
  • Dental hygiene.
  • Dietetics and nutrition.
  • Health information management, medical records.
  • Music and recreation therapy.
  • Neurodiagnostics.
  • Occupational therapy assisting.
  • Physical therapy assisting.
  • Social work.
  • Speech and language pathology.
  • Surgical Tech.

If you have been directed to our page by the clinical coordinator at your educational institution to access the required documents for your next clinical rotation, these forms follow:

Onboarding steps

  1. The school/student reaches out to a clinical instructor seeking a rotation.
  2. The clinical instructor agrees to take the student and introduces via email the school coordinator to the Clinical Affiliation and Compliance specialist (CACS) at
  3. The CACS will verify a clinical affiliation agreement is in place with the school. If there is not an agreement, the CACS initiates the process with the approval of leadership.
    **Please note the agreement process takes time to pass through both legal departments. This cannot be performed for a student seeking quick placement.
  4. After the agreement is in place, the CACS communicates to the school coordinator that the application can be submitted online.
    **Please note the paperwork must be submitted online 30 days in advance.
  5. After the CACS receives and reviews the completed paperwork (usually within five business days), they email the school coordinator, the student and the clinical instructor to notify them of any remaining items or of the student's approval. The student may not begin at University Health until an email clearing the student has been sent.
  6. Each department determines if their students should have computer access. The individual departments are responsible for facilitating this. Listed above are forms to help you collect the necessary information. The departments should also reach out to the students with any additional information, like parking, dress code, etc.
  7. Every student who is here more than (3) days is required to have a University Health badge. Please have student submit the applicable badge request form to their preceptor. The student should arrange a time with Security to pick up the badge. Security can be reached at 816.404.1918.

If you have questions, please email

Security/badge offices

University Health and Behavioral Health Division

Elaine Harden, Security Office Coordinator
2028 Campbell Street
Kansas City, MO 64127

Office hours
Mondays: 10 am to 4 pm
Tuesday through Friday: 8 am to 4 pm
Closed daily: 1 to 2 pm

University Health Lakewood Medical Center

Lt. Gina Morton
PSB Basement (facilities/security area)
7900 Lee's Summit Road
Kansas City, MO 64139

Office hours
Mondays: 7 to 8:45 am and 2 to 3 pm
Thursdays: 9 to 10:45 am and 1:30 to 3 pm