If you or a loved one is living with a mental health or substance use issue, we can help.
University Health provides complete behavioral health services. If you are struggling, we want you to know that you are not alone. We are here to help you live to your full potential.
Our caring staff provides the support people need to:
- Regain their quality of life and independence.
- Function in their daily lives, at work and at school.
- Break the chains of addiction.
- Cope with a loved one's mental health diagnosis.
Behavioral Health is a Community Mental Health Center (CMHC) associated with a hospital. This makes us uniquely suited to address your physical and behavioral well-being all within one health system. We offer acceptance, hope and compassion in all that we do. You'll notice this in the way we approach our work with kindness and humility. We respect what you want from your life. We believe in your strengths.
Our behavioral health services
Here are some of our services:
Child and adolescent behavioral health services, including diagnosis and treatment, and peer and family support.
Counseling. Counseling, including one-on-one, group or family mental health therapies to improve mental well-being and coping skills.
Mental health screenings, diagnostic tests and treatments. We treat everything from depression to post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Substance use treatment services, including comprehensive addiction treatments.
How to get help
If you would like to request a behavioral health service, you can do so in any of these ways:
- Stop by University Health Behavioral Health Crossroads, 300 W. 19th Terrace in Kansas City, Missouri. Walk-in care is available Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 2 pm. A master's-level mental health professional will meet with you and help you get the care you need. Or for more information, call 816.404.5709 Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm.
- Schedule an appointment at University Health Behavioral Health Lakewood Counseling, 300 SE 2nd Street in Lee's Summit. Call 816.404.6170 Monday through Friday.
- Call the 24-hour crisis hotline. If you are currently experiencing any kind of mental health crisis, please call 888.279.8188 now. A crisis expert will answer your call and direct you to the right care.