At University Health Lakewood Care Center, residents receive the highest level of skilled nursing care with access to medical services on-site.
Our fully accredited skilled nursing facility serves 188 residents who have severe, chronic health problems. As part of this, we have a 20-bed Alzheimer's/Dementia Unit that offers memory care to female residents who need it.
A team of highly skilled nurses cares for all our residents. And a board-certified geriatric specialist directs all patient care.
Our quality is evident in the fact that we receive high ratings from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
Access to specialized medical care
One unique aspect of our long-term care facility is that we are part of University Health Lakewood Medical Center. This means that, in addition to receiving skilled nursing care, residents of University Health Lakewood Care Center have access to a wide range of specialty care on-site.
- Emergency medicine.
- Mental health.
- Physical therapy.
Amenities and activities
Our residents enjoy many comfortable amenities and social activities in a homelike setting, including:
- A fully furnished room and bath for each resident.
- A beauty shop just for residents.
- Intergenerational programs that connect seniors and pre-K children and provides ongoing social interaction.
- Pet therapy, which lets residents enjoy time with qualified animals on a regular basis.
- Music and recreational therapists provide daily entertainment.