University Health is actively engaged in many ongoing research studies in several therapeutic areas driven by expert clinicians and educators at the University of Kansas - Missouri School of Medicine.
University Health's Federal-Wide Assurance with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is maintained by Research Administration.
University Health are the primary teaching hospitals for the UMKC Health Sciences schools. Research Administration also serves the UMKC School of Medicine to support medical staff and faculty with grant awards through the University.
- The Belmont Report: Ethical Principles and Guidelines for the Protection of Human Subjects of Research.
- Information from the National Institutes of Health about the "Privacy Rule," a Federal regulation under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act as related to research.
- FDA Clinical Trial Regulations.
- Federal Policy for the Protection of Human Subjects (Basic DHHS Policy for Protection of Human Research Subjects).
- Good Clinical Practices (GCPs) are a unified standard for conducting clinical trials research involving human subjects.