For many people, having a knee, hip or other joint replaced can be the key to feeling better and moving better again. At University Health, joint replacement is one of the medical specialties we're known for.
Why you should trust our orthopaedic surgeons
One of the best reasons to choose our team is the reputation of our doctors. Our orthopaedic surgeons are board-certified and highly skilled specialists. They replace many types of joints, and they're known as some of the best surgeons in their field.
Another great reason to choose us? Our continual commitment to safety and quality, which is confirmed by our prestigious Joint Commission certifications:
- University Health Lakewood Medical Center orthopaedic services was the first in Missouri to receive The Joint Commission's advanced certification for total knee and hip replacements. We have also received certification for total shoulder joint replacement.
- University Health's joint replacement program has earned the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval for Hip and Knee Replacement. Only a limited number of programs in the state (including University Health Lakewood Medical Center) have achieved this certification. Our great customer service is yet another reason to choose us. Our patients appreciate the high level of customer care provided by every member of our team. We truly care, and it will show in every interaction you have with us.
Do you need a new joint?
Joint replacement may be something to think about if a painful joint is putting limits on your daily life. This safe and effective surgery can help relieve pain and improve range of motion. But it isn't always the right solution.
Our orthopaedic surgeons will evaluate your joint condition, explain your options and help you decide what is best for you. Other treatments, like physical therapy or joint injections, could be tried first.
When surgery is the right choice, here are some of the more common procedures we perform:
- Knee replacement surgery.
- Hip replacement surgery.
- Shoulder replacement surgery.
Our team can do total joint replacement or partial joint replacement. We also perform joint revision to fix fractures, infections or other uncommon problems with previous joint replacements. Our surgeons can handle even the most challenging joint problems that other doctors send to us.
What to expect from our joint replacement team
If joint replacement is right for you, we will take the time to prepare you for your surgery. We will make sure you know what to expect during the healing process.
We will also give you the information you will need to prepare for your recovery at home.
This will help you get the best results from your new joint. We'll be here to answer your questions at every step of the way.
Schedule an appointment
To make an appointment with a joint replacement specialist, please call:
- University Health Lakewood Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Center: 816.404.7200.
- University Health Orthopaedics: 816.404.0072.